Terms and conditions of sale
(a) These Terms are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods (“Goods”) by the seller named on the reverse side of these Terms (“Seller”) to the buyer named on the reverse side of these Terms (“Buyer”). Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, if a written contract signed by both parties is in existence covering the sale of the Goods covered hereby, the terms and conditions of said contract shall prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with these Terms. These Terms accompany a (“Quote”), order confirmation (“Order Confirmation’) or sales invoice (the “Sales Invoice” and, together with the Quote and Confirmation, the “Sales Confirmation”). The Sales Confirmation, together with these Terms, is referred to herein as the “Agreement”. In the event of any inconsistency among the statements in these Terms and any Sales Confirmation, statements shall prevail in the following order: (1) Sales Invoice, (2) Order Confirmation, (3) Quote, and (4) these Terms.
2. Delivery. The Goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer’s purchase order, subject to availability of finished Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss or damage in transit. Unless otherwise agreed to by Seller in a Sales Confirmation, Seller shall make the Goods available at Seller’s facility in Brookfield or Waukesha, Wisconsin (the “Delivery Point”). Buyer shall take delivery of the Goods within five days of Seller’s notice that the Goods are available at the Delivery Point. All Prices are EXW Delivery Point, Incoterms® 2010 unless otherwise agreed by Seller in a Sales Confirmation. Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of the quantity purchased under this Agreement.
3. TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS.
Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point. As collateral security for the payment of the purchase price of the Goods, Buyer hereby grants to Seller a lien on and security interest in and to all of the right, title and interest of Buyer in, to and under the Goods, wherever located, and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as all proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing. The security interest granted under this provision constitutes a purchase money security interest under the Wisconsin Uniform Commercial Code.
4. Inspection and Rejection of NONCONFORMING Goods.
(a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods within five days of receipt (“Inspection Period”). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as reasonably required by Seller. “Nonconforming Goods” means only the following: (i) product shipped is different than identified in Buyer’s purchase order; or (ii) product’s label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents.
(b) If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the Price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Nonconforming Goods to Seller’s facility located in Brookfield, Wisconsin. If Seller exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer’s shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Buyer’s expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point.
(c) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 2(b) are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except as provided under Section 2(b), all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
5. PRICE. Unless otherwise agreed by Seller, Buyer shall purchase the Goods from Seller at the price effective on the date Goods are shipped (the “Price”) as set forth in the Sales Invoice. All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state, or local governmental authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller’s income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel or real or personal property or other assets.
6. PAYMENT TERMS. Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller within 30 days from the date of Seller’s invoice. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder in US dollars. Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for 30 days following written notice thereof. Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller.
7. LIMITED WARRANTY.
(a) Seller warrants to Buyer that for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment of the Goods (“Warranty Period”), that such Goods will be free from material defects in material and workmanship.
(b) EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 2(A), SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
(c) The Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 2(a) unless: (i) Buyer gives written notice of the defect, reasonably described, to Seller within 10 days of the time when Buyer discovers the defect; (ii) Seller is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice to examine such Goods and Buyer (if requested to do so by Seller) returns such Goods to Seller’s place of business at Seller’s cost for the examination to take place there; and (iii) Seller reasonably verifies Buyer’s claim that the Goods are defective.
(d) The Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 2(a) if: (i) the defect arises because Buyer failed to follow Seller’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods; or (ii) Buyer alters or repairs such Goods without the prior written consent of Seller.
(e) Subject to Section 2(c) and Section 2(d) above, with respect to any such Goods during the Warranty Period, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, either: (i) repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part) or (ii) credit or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata contract rate provided that, if Seller so requests, Buyer shall, at Seller’s expense, return such Goods to Seller.
(f) THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN SECTION 2(E) SHALL BE THE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SELLER’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 2(A).
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SELLER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER.
9. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (i) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement; (ii) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (iii) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
10. No Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
11. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller, including but not limited to specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential” in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
12. Force Majeure. The Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
13. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void.
14. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
15. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
16. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Wisconsin. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Wisconsin in each case located in the City of Milwaukee, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
17. Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Sales Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
18. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
19. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Order including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Limitation of Liability; Waiver; Relationship of the Parties; No Third-Party Beneficiaries; Confidential Information; Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Survival.